Storage Tips & Advice
- Fill boxes to capacity, as partially full boxes may tip or collapse
- Pack heavy items into small boxes so they are easier to lift
- Label or number boxes so it’s easier for you to find things later
- Write a comprehensive list of your stored items
- Protect your fragile goods with bubble wrap
- Wrap dishes and glasses in tissue paper or bubble wrap before storing
- Clean garden equipment before storing (must be completely dry)
- Wrap table legs with bubble wrap before storing them
- Wardrobe boxes allow you to store clothes on their hangers
- Place heavy items in to the unit first to provide a good stacking base
- Plan your storage space, leave items you may need at the front
- To maximise space stack similar boxes together
- Do not place heavy items on sofas or mattresses
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings
- Stack chairs seat to seat with a blanket between them (provided)
- Defrost and drain freezers/washers prior to placing them in store
- Leave refrigerator or freezer doors open for ventilation
- Wrap pictures and mirrors, stack them on their end, mark them fragile
- Cover all your belongings with the blankets provide by us free of charge
What can I store?
We can store everything from; boxes, furniture, sofas, kitchen appliances, beds, garage contents, garden equipment and more…
- Piano’s – We can store and move both upright and grand piano’s using piano bogies and grand piano slippers.
- Antiques – grandfather clocks and a variety of items of unusual size and weights.
What cannot be stored?
Plants – we are able to provide care and protection for your plants, however this service is only provided as a temporary solution. We are unable to take care of any plants on a long-term basis.
Food or perishable goods; combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil, batteries or cleaning solvents; illegal firearms and weapons; explosives & ammunition; chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents, equipment with fuel in, toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature; Any item which emits fumes, smell or odour; any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained; any living creatures; compressed gasses. Jewellery, ipads, laptops, mobiles and securities should not be placed in storage, as they are not covered by our insurance policy.
Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Interested in one of our services?
Call us on 01422 835524, send us an email, or get a quote online.
What our customers say...
We would just like to
We would just like to convey our thanks to the removal team who moved us last week. Work commenced promptly and all involved were very courteous, efficient and professional. It is refreshing to find such a good attitude to work these days and it is certainly something we appreciated very much at such a stressful time. Many thanks and best wishes.