The British Association of Removers is the main trade body for the removals industry in the UK. It is dedicated to promoting excellence in the removals Industry for the benefit of its members and customers.
Originally established in 1900, the Association in its modern form was created in 1972 as a result of the unification of two older organizations: the National Association of Furniture Warehousemen and Removers (NAFWR) and the British Association of Overseas Furniture Removers (BAOFR).
Heaps Removal and Storage Ltd is BAR member HO92.
Firms that are members BAR should adhere to The British Association of Removers Code of Practice It is the only code in the moving industry that is approved and monitored by Trading Standards under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme.
All BAR members abide by the Code that dictates the standard of service you will receive, the quality of the materials used, the standards of vehicles and warehouses, staff training requirements and what will happen if something goes wrong. Most importantly the Code requires BAR moving companies to deal with you in a courteous and sympathetic way at all times.
Every BAR member makes the following key commitments:
- To make sure that our advertising and promotional literature is clear and not misleading.
- To provide you with a clear description, price and timetable for the work carried out.
- To offer insurance or other protection options.
- To explain clearly our liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims, and cancellation/postponement rights and charges.
- To provide staff who are courteous, competent, and committed to providing a high standard of service.
- To deal quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong.
- To publicise this Code, have copies freely available and make sure our staff are trained to put it into practice.
- Further information about BAR can be found on the association’s website.
Interested in one of our services?
Call us on 01422 835524, send us an email, or get a quote online.
What our customers say...